Welcome to Day 11 of the Free 30-Day Ultimate You Healthy Habits Challenge brought to you by Sleekgeek and Health24!
On this 30 day challenge you will receive one task daily to complete in order to help you eat, move, think, and sleep better.
Today’s task is to do something that makes you laugh:
We all need to laugh more. Our health depends on it and ‘Laughter is the best medicine’
It is time for all of us to lighten up and take everything a little less seriously. Your crisis might not seem half as bad if you can shift your attitude and find the humour in the things that frustrate you the most. Appreciate small things.
Our lives are filled with negative news in the press, work crisis, family crisis, financial stresses and the issues we have about our health and bodies.
It is important to your health that you can find an outlet to create humour, smiles and happiness in your life!
You can search the internet for the benefits of laughing and apart from plain old feeling good and spreading positivity, the themes that keep coming up as a result of laughter and smiling are:
- Boosts the immune system.
- Improves blood flow, suppresses stress hormones and gives you a burst of energy.
- Said to affect blood sugar levels.
- Helps you cope with difficult situations.
- Promotes positive happy feelings.
- Makes you more attractive to other people.
I am sure you can think of many more benefits. Whether scientific or not there is no denying that when you laugh you feel lighter.
I mean, you try laugh and be angry at the same time – not possible!
How to complete today’s task:
Some ideas on what you can do:
- Watch a funny movie or funny clips on Youtube.
- Support local artists and go to a play at the theatre or a stand up comedy evening.
- Visit funny websites like 9gag.com and buzzfeed.com rather then your normal breaking news channels filled with crime and corruption. Sometimes a bit of ignorance can be bliss.
- Hang out with funny, smiley, positive people rather than the negative people who drain and sap your energy.
- Play childish games with your partner, other adults, your kids.
- Play a fun harmless practical joke on someone.
Life can be a wild, stressful rollercoaster but remember that you are in control – and laughing regularly will help you dominate your daily situation. Take everything in our stride, be more tolerant and LAUGH MORE!
Want more of this kind of thing?
- Read our blog post on Laugh Yourself to Health.
See you tomorrow for your Day 12’s task.
If you have just stumbled on this page sign up for the full 30-day ULTIMATE YOU HEALTHY HABITS CHALLENGE right here. It is 100% free.