Welcome to Day 19 of the Free 30-Day Ultimate You Healthy Habits Challenge brought to you by Sleekgeek and Health24!
On this 30 day challenge you will receive one task daily to complete in order to help you eat, move, think, and sleep better.
Today’s task is to create a positive mantra:
Who is your worst critic? Think about it for a second (hint: it isn’t Joe from the office, or your mother in law, or even your boss). You guessed it! Your worst critic is YOU! Every time you stand in front of the mirror, that inside voice guides your eyes to that part of you that you don’t really like (or the bits of yourself that you hate) and that inside voice speaks to you in a way that you would never ever allow someone else to speak to you. We bet that if you had R10 for every time you’ve spoken negatively to yourself you would be sailing on a yacht in the Caribbean right now instead of sitting at your desk.
The problem with this kind of negative thinking is that it impacts your life in more ways than you realise. Words are incredibly powerful. They shape the way you view the world.
Your challenge for today is to create the habit of a positive inner dialogue – starting with a mantra which you need to repeat to yourself all day today.
Why do positive affirmations work?
- The more you tell yourself something, the easier it is for you to believe it.
- Creating a positive inner dialogue strengthens your self-esteem and boosts confidence
- When you are self-assured and your inside voice is on your side, you tend to take outside criticism as constructive instead of personally.
How to complete today’s task:
Write down a simple sentence that speaks to you personally. The sentence needs to be a statement – something that can’t be questioned.
- I am powerful beyond measure.
- I choose to be happy.
- Every day I become more and more successful.
- I am loving and I am loved.
- I will succeed at all things I choose to do.
- I love my life.
- I am strong, healthy and powerful.
Your mantra can be ANYTHING that resonates with you. Even if you don’t 100% believe it yet, trust me, the more you say it, the more you will feel it.
- Write your mantra on a post-it note, or in your diary, or on your calendar. Make it super visible. Say it to yourself every time your eyes land on it.
- Repeat your new mantra to yourself OFTEN. Say it in front of the mirror to yourself (Bonus: Smile when you say it, your brain acknowledges it more) You might feel a little silly – but what have you got to lose?
- Every time you feel a negative thought creeping in, combat it with your mantra. You will be AMAZED at how many times you talk down to yourself! Use your mantra!
Need some more inspiration? Watch this positive affirmation champion: https://youtu.be/Cgw8OFVHzd4
This habit might make you feel a little silly at first, but some of the top athletes, entrepreneurs and celebrities swear by positive affirmations and mantras. If they can do it, you can too.
Want more of this kind of thing?
- Read our blog post on Less This, More That.
- Read our blog post on Why Amplify The Negative?
- Read our blog post on How to Create Your Perfect Day.
See you tomorrow for your Day 20’s task.
If you have just stumbled on this page sign up for the full 30-day ULTIMATE YOU HEALTHY HABITS CHALLENGE right here. It is 100% free.