Welcome to Day 20 of the Free 30-Day Ultimate You Healthy Habits Challenge brought to you by Sleekgeek and Health24!
On this 30 day challenge you will receive one task daily to complete in order to help you eat, move, think, and sleep better.
Today’s task is to try a new healthy recipe:
Are you the South African version of Gordon Ramsay? Jamie Oliver? No? That’s ok – you don’t need to be. Luckily, being creative in the kitchen is WAY easier than it seems. Today the challenge is simple – find a new healthy recipe and make it.
It doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive – it just needs to be something you haven’t tried before.
What’s the point?
- Experimenting in the kitchen is a creative outlet and helps you de-stress.
- Preparing your own food leads to an appreciation of good, homemade food.
- Playing around with new recipes helps you combat food boredom and adds variety into your daily nutrition.
- You can double this up as quality time with your family – phones down, catch up while everyone lends a hand preparing the evening meal.
How to complete today’s task:
Spend a little time on the web looking for a nice healthy recipe to prepare for tonight (make sure you have the ingredients on hand or that you will be able to get them in time).
Tell your best friend, colleague or spouse what you’re planning to make and see if they have any suggestions – or if they would like to join you.
There are many healthy recipe resources out there. Here are some of our fave recipe resources:
Most importantly, have fun while doing this. Enjoy the process of preparing the food, sit down without distractions and really enjoy the meal you prepared – practice the habit you learnt on day 1 (eating mindfully ) and don’t forget to post the recipe you found on the facebook group – inspire others!
Want more of this kind of thing?
- Find a recipe for tomorrow morning among these 50 Breakfast recipes for a healthy start.
- Read our blog post on The 25 Superfoods of the Sleekgeek Lifestyle.
- Read our blog post on 9 Tips to Reduce Nutrient Loss While Cooking.
- Read our guest post by Lauren Chowles on Kids and Healthy Food.
See you tomorrow for your Day 22’s task.
If you have just stumbled on this page sign up for the full 30-day ULTIMATE YOU HEALTHY HABITS CHALLENGE right here. It is 100% free.