Welcome to your final Day 30 of the Free 30-Day Ultimate You Healthy Habits Challenge brought to you by Sleekgeek and Health24!
We sincerely hope that we helped you to eat, move, think, and sleep better.
Today’s task is 5 minutes of deep breathing
Breathing is automatic. We know this. But how often do we actually pay attention to the simple act of inhaling and exhaling. We’ve taught you to eat mindfully, to meditate, to be creative with your food and exercise. Today we are going to show you how breathing deeply can help you to be healthier.
Breathing deeply and mindfully has a number of health benefits such as:
- increased circulation
- reduced anxiety
- helps alleviate constipation
- increased flow of oxygen to heart, brain and other organs
- respiratory system works better
How to complete today’s task:
- Sit in a quiet spot with no distractions – no phone, no tv, no people
- Concentrate on drawing in slow deep breaths and releasing them slowly.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
- Hold your breath for a count of seven.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.
- Breathe slowly and mindfully for 5 minutes.
CONGRATULATIONS for making it to day 30. We hope you’ve learned something along the way and that your new healthy habits stick with you for life.
Health 24 has teamed up with Sleekgeek to bring you this short challenge that will give you one healthy habit to complete each day for 30 days, helping you become the Ultimate You.
If you have not yet done so you can sign up for FREE here to get started: www.ultimateyou.co.za/30