Welcome to Day 9 of the Free 30-Day Ultimate You Healthy Habits Challenge brought to you by Sleekgeek and Health24!
On this 30 day challenge you will receive one task daily to complete in order to help you eat, move, think, and sleep better.
Today’s task is to drink 8 glasses of water:
Getting adequate water intake throughout the day is essential to a healthy lifestyle as proper hydration improves day-to-day brain function, concentration, general mood, skin health, and of course physical performance. Drinking water can also temporarily boost your metabolism and drinking it about a half hour before meals can decrease the amount of food that one consumes in that meal.
While water intake needs vary for all of us, getting 8 glasses of water throughout the day is the most common recommendation by health authorities.
Factors such as the temperature and climate you are in, your level of physical activity, your body size, and any medical conditions you might have could all influence your own unique water intake needs.
It’s important to note that anything in excess is bad, even water intake. Never force yourself to consume very large amounts of water to the point of feeling physically uncomfortable – especially in a short period of time.
With that said, 8 glasses of water in 1 day really is doable. If this feels like a huge challenge for you – great, that’s exactly what this is: 30-Days of healthy habit challenges.
The goal of this task is to bring your awareness back to the importance of drinking water and drinking enough of it.
How to do today’s task:
- Drink 8 x 250ml glasses of water today.
- If you wish to consume things like coffee, tea, fruit juice, alcohol, artificially flavoured water, protein shakes, and so on then you may – but this is in addition to your 8 glasses of water.
- Try space your water intake evenly throughout the day, perhaps increasing it if need be during periods of high heat or physical activity.
- If you find yourself completing forgetting to drink water during the day then buy yourself a big bottle to fill up with water and make markings along the bottle showing how much you should have drunk by say 10am, 1pm, 4pm, and 7pm. You can also set reminders up on your phone or use a mobile app such as Waterlogged to help you reach your goal.
If you drink 1 glass of water immediately upon waking up and 1 glass with each main meal you are already halfway to your goal. Add in a nice 30 minute walk some time followed by another glass of water to help re-hydrate, plus a few trips to the water cooler or kitchen tap and you will hit 8 glasses of water no problem!
Want more of this kind of thing?
- Read Authority Nutrition’s blog post on How Much Water Should You Drink Per Day?
See you tomorrow for your Day 10’s task.
If you have just stumbled on this page sign up for the full 30-day ULTIMATE YOU HEALTHY HABITS CHALLENGE right here. It is 100% free.