- What is working? What is not working?
- Are you getting closer towards the goals that you set for yourself?
- Are you sticking to your daily, weekly, and monthly actions that you outlined as part of your strategy?
While you answer these questions, think about problems versus excuses.
As we near the end of the challenge it's time to really give it everything you've got.
To do this, you are going to need to remove absolutely any obstacle that is still standing in your way or slowing you down.
This is where it's useful to re-frame every obstacle (time, money, energy, friends, family, information, etc) as either 1) a Problem or 2) an Excuse.
1) If it's a Problem then that is FANTASTIC!
Why? Well because problems can be solved and you can ALWAYS take a step forwards in some way. No matter how small that step is. If your problem is time, you can manage your time better. If your problem is money, you can refine your budget. If your problem is energy, you can eat better foods and get more sleep. Whatever it takes to solve your problem.
2) If it's an EXCUSE then that's the REAL PROBLEM!
Excuses lead to inaction. They justify why something is so without requiring any additional steps to be taken to address the issue or prevent it from happening again. Excuses protect you from failing. They stroke your ego and save you from embarrassment. But that's it. Failure is feedback. You can't get better if you don't fail and learn. Let go of your excuses and take responsibility. Learn, get better, and win.